Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Gracious! It's another double-disc mix!


This is a dream come true for me. All that music hanging around my apartment keeps shouting at me, "It's all about the sharing!" I've toyed with many modes of delivery: providing mixes for restaurants where I've worked, tracks for a friend's film project at NYU, posting songs to other community sites. But my wish is fulfilled by this venue which allows me to host not only my shares, but those of my friends and colleagues. I love to find out what others are listening to; what's on your iPod/on your turntable/on your deck/on your mind?

Here's a great example: These mixes were given to me by Aubyn at Christmas 2006. They're still fresh and crispy. Be sure to download the 3 pdf files he prepared with pix, lyrics and spankingly sharp layout.

(To download the lyrics booklet pdf, click here. This is essential.)

Grace:

(To download a zip of the entire set w/artwork, click here.)
(To download just the Grace pdf booklet, click here.)

1. The Greatest - Cat Power
2. Four Strong Winds - Johnny Cash
3. Wait - Alexi Murdoch
4. Chinese Translation - M. Ward
5. The Crane Wife 1 & 2 - The Decemberists
6. Lion's Jaw - Neko Case
7. If It Be Your Will (Leonard Cohen) - Antony
8. Amazing Grace - Willie Nelson
9. Sisters of Mercy (L. Cohen) - Beth Orton
10. Apres Moi - Regina Spektor
11. All of My Days - Alexi Murdoch
12. The Charging Sky - Jenny Lewis & The Watson Twins
13. Better - Regina Spektor
14. Heaven Turns To - The Hidden Cameras
15. Further On Up the Road - Johnny Cash

Peace:

(To download a zip of the entire set w/artwork, click here.)
(To download just the Peace pdf booklet, click here.)

1. All of the Animals Were Gone - Damien Rice
2. Where is My Love - Cat Power
3. You Are What You Love - Jenny Lewis & The Watson Twins
4. Fidelity - Regina Spektor
5. Cosmia - Joanna Newsome
6. She's Gone - The Hidden Cameras
7. Edit - Regina Spektor
8. 9 Crimes - Damien Rice
9. Postcards From Italy - Beirut
10. Yankee Bayonet (I Will Be Home Then) - The Decemberists
11. Shankill Butchers - The Decemberists
12. Right in the Head - M. Ward
13. Everybody Knows (L. Cohen) - Rufus Wainwright
14. Thunder on the Mountain - Bob Dylan
15. When the Deal Goes Down - Bob Dylan
16. Requiem - M. Ward
17. Sons & Daughters - The Decemberists

No comments: